Write On: Believe in the Impossible

My name is C. Nzingha Smith. I believe in the impossible. I am a dreamer. I am a painter. The pen is my paint brush and any form of paper is my canvas. Painting masterpieces with the written word.

"The pages are worn, stained and man-handled
the sheets smell of a mixture of smoke and longing."
-Excerpt from, "IN-Gredients for Stimulation" Poem

Did you see the paper? Were you able to smell the smoke? Did it get in your clothes and cling to you for dear life?

I dream with my eyes wide open, defying reality by operating in faith. Finally catching up with myself, a person I had been running away from my entire life. Writing is as much apart of me as my arms and legs. I've been writing poetry since I was a little girl, but don't consider myself a poet. Love is my beau and we have had passionate affairs and nasty breakups throughout the years, but the addiction is strong, so I always find my way back to him.

Reading is something I do to escape my mind and thoughts, allowing it to temporarily transport me to another place and time. Currently I am taking notes from Ayn Rand and Paulo Coelho.

"Tri-colored trees stand at attention, leaves dance around my feet, rays from the sun kiss my smile, imaging the weight of your arms heavy on my shoulders as you hold me close...wishing you were here." Excerpt from "Thoughts of You" Poem

I'm inspired by life. Music is a great source of inspiration for me. Watching others operate in their gifts is a blessing and I always leave being filled and having to release by creating something of my own.

"Lust-Have Recipes: IN-Gredients for Stimulation", my first book is evidence in my believing in the impossible and dreaming with my eyes wide open. The cookbook features recipes containing aphrodisiac ingredients to help increase libido in men and women coupled with erotic poetry. My purpose for writing the book is to help rebuild connections through intimate acts of love. Plus there is no better combination.

I'm excited about the opportunity to encourage other writers, authors and lovers of words in their journey to achieve their impossible as I become a regular contributor for Black Authors Books.

"Sometimes it's hard to see what's right in front of us and the reflection we see in the mirror differs from the glance a stranger takes in passing. I'm grateful to finally be able to see an accurate reflection of me...a diamond in the rough, a star that needs polishing a bit, knowing that every diamond has to go through the right amount of pressure to be formed so that her true brilliance can shine through and value be increased. Believe in the impossible. The impossible is you."

Until Next Month, Write On.


C. Nzingha Smith is the author of "Lust-Have Recipes: IN-Gredients for Stimulation" and the principal writer and editor at SNC2 INK, a writing agency providing technical writing and editing services for small businesses and creative entrepreneurs. Visit her author site www.cnsmithbooks.com to preview her new release or www.snc2ink.com for more info on services.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...