Black Authors Books - Alex Wheatle

I found out who Alex Wheatle was after reading his Brixton Rock. I brought and read this book when I was in my teens, and I was moved by his works. It's a hard hitting, in your face storyline but yet very funny and a really exciting read. I got lost in his words and could really see the story he was telling. His detail in the characters and surroundings allows you to really become involved in the story he is telling. A great book to have for your bookshelf.

An Outline on Brixton Rock


Brenton Brown is 16 years old. A mixed race youth, Brenton has lived in a children's home all his life. Being reunited with his mother is the best thing that has happened to Brenton. But a strange series of events soon push him to the edge.

Read Alex Wheatle's Biography

Explore more books written by Alex Wheatle

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...