Black Authors Books - Ortavia Jackson




Author's name: - Ortavia Jackson

A little bit about yourself: -

My stage name is Wisdom, I was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY. I am a Nuclear Medicine Technologist by profession but considers myself a Poet by Life. I currently attends Christian Cultural Center under the leadership of Dr. A.R. Bernard Sr.


I have been writing poetry for over 13 years, I have recited/ministered my poetry at multiple church services, youth cafes, woman’s conferences, juvenile detention centers, fundraisers, and choir anniversaries. I have broadened my ministry to conducting poetry workshops, various open mic venues, street fairs, and colleges for motivational speaking. I have also submitted my works for various anthologies, one specifically for a fundraiser to help the Hurricane Katrina victims, book is entitled; The Lion Speaks.


I am currently the Editor for Psalmist Production’s online Poetry Salon. I was also a nominee for Poet of the year at the Kingdom Choice Awards in 2009/2010.

I have a passion for the youth which is why I am a mentor but I believe I have been given a gift that will reach the masses. I am the Author of 2 poetry books, one entitled Divine Destiny through a Journey called Life & my most recent entitled; Life By Wisdom, Poetry for your Body, Soul, and Spirit.


My mission is to convey that; You will never experience the true value of LIFE unless you approach it BY seeking WISDOM…the WISDOM of God not the rationalization of man.


What Inspires You?: -


My inspiration to write is, “Life” itself. My life, the next generation, co-workers, friends, strangers, etc., Life is a story to be told. I address people’s character by bringing my writing to there level of thinking, what they love to do, aspire to become, things they don’t understand, etc. In other words I feel that in order for one, to be interested in something, they must somehow be able to relate to it or understand it. And if they can relate, it will empower them, motivates them, and assures them that they are not alone in this journey.

What 2 tips would you share with a budding writer?:

Tip 1: Believe in the gift that you have within you and know that it has a purpose in your life and the lives of others.

Tip 2: Keep Writing!!!


An Outline of your Featured Book?: - Poetry for your Body, Soul and Spirit

Read Ortavia Jackson's Biography
Follow Ortavia Jackson on Twitter

Purchase the Book: - Life by Wisdom - out now





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...